Like the dirty clothes that need regular cleaning similarly a washing machine is also in a need of cleaning. Most people have a very wrong conception that the washing powder used not only cleans the clothes but also our machine but that isn’t true. A machine can easily retain dirt, germs, and harmful bacteria. So, leaving the machine without washing it well can lead to filthy smell and also house infection.
These are a few simple steps to clean the machine.
1. Do take care that as soon as the washing of clothing is done, remove the clothes.
2. Not for long but for at least 10 minutes keep the jar of the machine open. By doing so you are letting in air from outside that will help in drying the machine well.
3. Do take care that you keep the dispenser drawers open as well after washing it well.
4. Using a wet cloth clean the outer surface of the machine.
5. Clean the filter as well so the water flow is maintained.
So, by following these simple easy steps you can make sure that your machine performs efficiently and hence the repairing and other costs would be saved.
In case your machine is a front load washing machine then follow these quick steps.
1. Let a hot cycle run in a machine that isn’t loaded. At least 40 degree Celsius would be good enough. This will help get rid of the odour.
2. Take down the detergent drawer and keep it soaked in a bowl of detergent. In case it seems to be very dirty then keep it soaked in a bowl of lukewarm water.
3. Using a cloth wipe the outer surface of the machine.
4. While placing back the dispenser drawer make sure you clean the hole at the location of the dispenser drawer properly.